Friday, January 2, 2009

Long time no see...

Keeping this short and sweet because my head hurts and I have spent most of Winter Break without thinking and would hate to break the trend. Anyways, I am still freaked out that Nate Silver called Al Franken the winner by 100 or less votes only 40% into the recount. UK won another bowl game, with Hartline. My dad's job is in jeopardy and Christmas was slim pickings, though I would like to say it was pleasant spending time with my family but I spent half my time thinking that either my brother or my sister would kill each other or my dad.

Just telling my imaginary audience that I am still alive. There is only one computer between my on-line poker playing brother and my Drudge Report loving dad, and I have discovered that I have allowed my ass to become fat and have been either working out or whining about how sore I am.

Resolutions are for the depressed.
Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry to leave this as a comment, but I couldn't find a "contact" link on the blog.

I write for LeftInAlabama.com, and I'm trying to chase down some information about ConnectKentucky. Specifically, is it the rousing success everyone says, or is Art Brodsky correct that it's an industry front group?

Our Alabama governor is setting up a rural broadband initiative and using ConnectKentucky as a model. The first $1.7 million contract is to be awarded soon.

I blogged about it yesterday:
http://leftinalabama.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=3213

And now I'm trying to find someone in Kentucky who can give me his/her impressions of how successful the ConnectKentucky effort was.

You can contact me through the CountryCat contact link at Left in Alabama. Thanks!!!

Taylor Shelton said...

Hey Garrett-
would you mind dropping me a line when you've got a chance? you can shoot me an email at bluegrassroots [at] gmail [dot] com - thanks dude

Anonymous said...

Rockin the Holler,

I just have a quick question for you but couldn't find an email so had to resort to this. I am a progressive blogger. Please email me back at barbaraobrien@maacenter.org when you get a chance. Thanks.

Barbara